Nick's Star Trek RPG

The Sluiban Incident

No Ordinary Negotiations

February 18, 2361:

  • The USS Philadelphia met up with the rest of the battle group near the Cardassian Boarder near to Starbase 211.
  • They proceed into Cardassian Space with the Cardassian Ambassador.
  • The Ambassador’s fleet arrives first and then, shortly after, the Cardassian fleet arrives with 7 ships.
  • Negotiations begin and end uneventfully.
  • Moments after receiving their Ambassador back technical problems began to engross both fleets.
  • Each fleet blamed each other and combat ensued.
  • While the Glacier preformed greatly and was one of the last ship’s to suffer from the technical problems the USS Philadelphia was somewhat struggling against a single Cardassian foe.
  • When the player’s ship finally disabled their Cardassian opponent Capt. Austin Frost orders to have the ship destroyed.
  • The player’s ship and the Glacier retreated together back towards Federation space.
  • During the battle the Chief Engineer was preventing the ship from failing due to the fleet wide technical problems, and coordinating with the Glacier, was successful and both ships did not lose power.
  • After the battle while trying to determine the cause of the technical problems a crewman was killed by an unknown force. The tactical officer was ordered to investigate.
  • The Tactical Officer, Salek, took a large compliment of security personnel and some bridge officers to the Jeffrey’s Tubes near main Engineering and begun spreading out to find anything out of the ordinary.
  • After finding tampered power systems, and engineering/damage control teams were dispatched. Salek and his forces pressed onwards looking for the cause of the damage.
  • Suddenly Salek started losing contact with some security personnel. This perturbed him and he started figuring out ways to stay in constant contact but to no avail.
  • Finally ending their search in a lower deck cargobay the party members begin to find out that power is out in most of this section of the ship, leaving only emergency life support left.
  • The cargo bay is very dark and very quite and the party cannot pick up any other life signs in the cargo bay, they also soon discover that they are trapped because the door and the main Jeffery’s Tube access is unresponsive.
  • The Engineer, Bireve, with them begins to work on the door while Salek uses his remaining security forces to explore the cargobay. Salek quickly finds out that they are not alone after losing one crewman (hanging) and being attack by a humanoid in brown that was extremely flexible and fast.
  • The only other remaining NPC security personnel seemed unusually calm and collected during the cargobay escape, but the players finally got out of the cargobay by quickly melting through the side wall and directly accessing the door controls/machinations.
  • When they entered the adjacent hallway Bireve noticed a strange molecule on his tricorder floating around and especially on the remaining security personnel. At this time Salek called in more security forces, Bireve called in damage control teams and Cmdr Jeffery Smith called Capt Frost to their location.
  • Capt Frost showed up first and spoke with the group. Salek tried to use code words to inform the Captain that something might be wrong but he shrugged them off. The Captain wanted to speak with Smith alone and they went into a side meeting room.
  • Within the room the Captain and Cmdr spoke about the battle that had occurred with the Cardassians and what Cmdr Smith thought of these actions. The Captain did not like his answers and drew a type 1 phaser and threatened his life. Outside the room Bireve was listening in on a access panel while Salek had a confrontation with the remaining Security NPC. Bireve informed Salek of the situation with their Captain and Cmdr and then Bireve overloaded the lights to blind the both of them while Salek entered and shot at the Captain.
  • The Captain died shortly after and then all of the personnel arrived, informing Salek and the others that they were told to wait by the now dead Captain. They spend some time trying to figure out who may have this unknown molecule thinking it may have something to do with this extremely strange behavior especially because it was found on the Captain.
  • Chief Medical Officer Henry Galvin shows up and declares the Captain dead and informs Smith that he is now the Captain. The CMO is also informed of the rest of the situation.
  • The now Captain Smith briefs the crew after he heads to the bridge. After that he contacts Admiral Reid Dillenger and explains what happened, the Admiral understands his actions and wants to be kept informed. Smith noticed some noise in the signal and told the Admiral, who then ordered Smith to find the cause but to keep long range communication to a minimum in case of espionage.
  • Captain Smith tried to contact the Glacier after returning to the bridge from the ready room but Kathrin Lee, the Conn officer, could not establish communication with the other ship.
  • Suddenly a crewmen covering tactical for Salek reports that there is weapons fire coming from Communications Control. The Captain asked for sensor information on that deck and Ensign Lee reports that sensors are down now but begins to access the sensor logs. A view of the deck comes up on the main screen and Ensign Lee states that this was 1 minutes before the sensors went down. The screen shows some Star Fleet personnel walking around and then, almost all at once, a Cardassian in full armor with a rifle rounds the corner and fires down the halls, and moments later the sensor reading goes out.
  • Captain Smith dispatches Salek, from the lower decks, to go take care of the new threat. Salek takes a very large amount of people with him to the Communication deck.


blindestman blindestman

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.